1 Jan 2012

BRISBANE • KIM EASES INTO 2ND ROUND

(1 JAN.) 2012 is off to a nice start for Kim as our lovely No.1 Belgian has won her opening match at the Brisbane International Open, after defeating the Romanian Simona HALEP in straight sets, 6-1 6-4.

Kim showed some pretty solid tennis in her first official match since August, dictating play thanks to aggressive returns and groundstrokes.

'I felt that I was playing aggressively and moving well. So [...] I was pretty satisfied.', Kim said.


In her victory Kim showed no signs of the injury troubles that kept her away from the tennis courts for almost the whole second half of the season. Kim also said that the abdominal problem had apparently left no lingering effects on her serve:  'I felt confident with my serve. I think that's something that, in the past, wasn't always the case.'

In the 2nd round, Kim will play the Serbian Ana IVANOVIC. Their match will be the last one on Pat Rafter arena this Tuesday, around 8pm, local time.


No comments:

Post a Comment