12 Mar 2011

INDIAN WELLS • KIM CRUISES INTO 3RD ROUND


MAR. 12 • After a 1st round bye, Kim came into action yesterday in Indian Wells; and it was a winning return as she defeated the Russian Alla Kudryavtseva 6-2 6-0 in less than an hour.


Kim was playing in her first match in nearly a month after opening the year with three straight final appearances, winning the Australian Open in between runner-up finishes at Sydney and Paris. 

'I'm at a stage now where I haven't played for a while, and when I was playing, my last few tournaments were indoors, so I kind of just have to get back into playing outdoors again and big arenas, and kind of just get a feel for it all over again because it's been a while', she said. 

The 27-year-old Belgian is attempting to win her third BNP Paribas Open title, and next faces Sara Errani, a 7-5, 4-6, 6-2 winner over No. 29 seed Jarmila Groth.

No comments:

Post a Comment