9 Jan 2011

SYDNEY • KIM CRUISES INTO SECOND ROUND!


Jan. 9  Kim served up a warning to her Australian Open rivals with a thunderous first-round display at the Medibank International Sydney on Sunday, dropping just six points on serve in crushing Romanian Alexandra Dulgheru 6-1 6-2 in 62 minutes.


In the opening set, third-seeded Clijsters landed a phenomenal 18 successive first serves.'Maybe not the fastest serves I’ve hit, but I was very focused on trying to place my serves well and just making a lot of serves, especially when you’re playing into the sun', the third seed said. 'I didn’t want to give her a lot of second serves that she could attack on, so I was happy with that.'

'I had a good feeling with the way I was playing in Thailand and I was looking to lift my game up even a bit more', Kim added. 'I’m happy with the level that I played and with my intensity and my focus and everything. It was a good match today.'

In the
next round, Kim will face either Nadia Petrova or Barbora Zahlavova Strycova for a place in the quarter-finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment